Overall Job Summary:
Progressive has a great opportunity for the right candidate to serve as the Engineering Manager for the organization, working directly with the
Director of Engineering & Sales. The primary objective of this position is to manage and lead the Engineering Department to ensure the engineering staff delivers and performs at a high level of efficiency. The position responsibilities also include planning, organizing and directing engineering staff to meet company objectives for design, new product development, and improvement of existing product lines.
- The Engineering Manager oversees the Engineering Department through
effective management of key projects, processes and performance reports,
data and analysis, ensuring departmental goals and product releases are met
within agreed time frames.
- This position is also charged with the day-to-day supervisory responsibilities
of the department including assuming overall direction, development,
coordination, rewarding, and evaluation of staff in accordance with Progressive’s
policies and programs.
- Further, the scope of responsibilities involves budgetary focus through monitoring, reviewing, and participating in preparation of accounting records, expense reporting and the annual budget process.
- Broad administrative responsibilities ensure that the department operates efficiently and effectively by providing overall direction including active participation in forums to foster communication and company growth.
We are not looking for just an employee. We are looking for a core member of our team -- someone who wants to be part of the success and growth of our organization and its people. We are looking for a person who has not only the basic qualifications but, just as importantly, the ability to “see the big picture,” be highly creative, and who is comfortable being a team player.
- The position demands previous experience leading and supervising an Engineering Department for a mold design/mold making facility.
- The candidate must demonstrate proven project management capabilities.
- Previous experience in injection mold industry is highly preferred, but tooling and
die casting related experience will also be considered.
- The candidate must demonstrate experience working within team and cross functional team projects.
- The candidate must be proficient with MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook) as well as
demonstrate proven writing capabilities as evidenced by project plan documents
- CAD (SolidWorks or AutoCAD) experience is beneficial but not required.
Our Engineering Team is driven to provide industry leading innovations.
Whether Tech Support is at a show, a
customer visit or via telephone support,
mutual respect with customers enables
a great rapport to develop.
Progressive exhibits regularly at major
events such as NPE, EuroMold, AmeriMold,
and ChinaPlas, along with local events in
Brazil, Singapore, and South Africa.